php1
facebook_link
you-tubeaa
Home | About Us | Steam-Up | Heritage Museums | Get Involved | Visit Us | Contact Us | N ews |

News

Name Change for Antique Powerland

By unanimous vote of the Board of Governors, and later by the Board of Directors for Antique Powerland, the Antique Powerland Site is now Powerland Heritage Park, “Home of the Great Oregon Steam-Up.”

Why the name change? The APMA board consultant, Don Evans, recommended it as a result of prior research of his own on various names for heritage museums.

1) The Powerland Heritage Park name is more inclusive of all museums and organizations on the site. It gives more of a heritage context to the history of power.

2) The Powerland Heritage Park name more aptly describes our park-like campus, and it is less likely confused with a commercial antique mall.

3) This provides a marketing opportunity to re-launch our site and all of our museums in the public eye and to increase foot-traffic at events.

What about the APMA name? The organization and official name will still be Antique Powerland Museum Association (APMA). Only the name of the grounds has changed. The land under Powerland Heritage Park is owned by Western Antique Power, Inc. and it is managed by APMA.                       

Powerland Heritage Park is Open - Wed. thru Sun.

case-bob-biswella

Western Steam Fiends - Steam School
Next class: April 29, 2017 -- contact Gary Clark

forklift-class2a

Branch 15 Classes Are in Session
Next Class - April 29, 2017 - 9:00 am
Topic: Forklift Training & Certification
Wolf Iron Works Museum -- Free Admission

Interior Construction Continues on the Truck Museum’s New Learning Center

pntm-sign1a

The Pacific Northwest Truck Museum is under construction and will not open on April 1 as planned. A new opening will be announced. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

See What’s New at the Oregon Electric Railway Museum

milancar1a1

A trolley built in Milan, Italy in 1931 recently arrived at the Oregon Electric Railway Museum.

oe-21a

This electric locomotive was built for the Oregon Electric Railway in 1912. In 1946, it was sold and moved to Canada where it was in operation for nearly 70 years. It returned to Oregon and is now at Powerland Heritage Park.

Home | About Us | Steam-Up | Heritage Museums | Get Involved | Visit Us | Contact Us | News |